Sunday, December 6, 2009

torn......but not really

Have you ever been in a situation where you are caught between two options that both could potentially be a good decision? Well I'm not in that situation exactly. I'm caught between two situations that both would be a good situation for me, only problem is I want to be in one specifically. The thing is, the one I want isn't an actual option for me, it's just outside that realm of possibility and no matter how much I tell myself that it is still possible, deep down I know it's not. Now my other option would also be a good path for me to walk down but it's not the option I would choose first.

The path I want to walk down has a wall at the end of it. I can see it from here but I can't tell from looking just how long it would take to get to that wall, but I know it's there. The other path has no ending as of now. It's an ongoing road that I would probably walk down happily if I had never looked left and seen the path with the road block. Don't get me wrong, I really want to walk down that path anyway and just enjoy it until I get to the end, but it hurts me to know that there will be an end.

So I'm not really torn, I'm just caught standing between the road I want and the one that makes more sense. For right now I walk in the middle. Both paths start off going in the same direction so for now I just walk straight. But when they turn in different directions, I honestly hope that road block is gone. If not, I'm taking the road with no ending, but probably still thinking about what was on the other side of that road block.


Damn this post is weird, even to me lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know if you take the option that has an expiration date and the other has no expiration date is it possible to do both??? Or is it two women and if you choose one the other won't be there waiting...I think you know which one you need to do you just have that little voice in the back of your head saying but that other option is just sitting there waiting for you...Take the road less traveled...lol...I know this doesn't help at all

city said...

Ness, it's only possible to do both for a short time frame. The choice I'd rather make seems like it will only last so long and because of that, the other choice seems like the better option (logically) but like I said, it's not that one I want to make :(